Approval of foreign investment projects below certain quota
1. The State Council's decision on investment system reform (Document No 20, 2004)
2. Approval of foreign-invested project and record management methods (Document No 12 decree, 2014, from the National Development and Reform Commission)
3. The guidance catalog of foreign-invested industries (revised in 2015) (Document No 22, from NDRC and Ministry of Commerce)
4. The foreign-invested project approval and record management methods in Hebei province (Document No 1066, 2014, from Hebei Development and Reform Department)
Application materials (in duplicate)
1. Application report must include:
a. Basic information on project and investor(s);
b. Resource utilization and environmental impact analysis;
c. Economic and social impact analysis.
Application reports of foreign investors acquisitioning domestic projects must include information on the acquirer, the acquisition arrangements, the financing plan, and the acquired party information, as well as the operation model, range, equity structure and income arrangements after the merger and acquisition;
2. Business registration certificate of Chinese and foreign investors and the latest audited financial statements (including balance sheet, income and cash flow statements), and bank-issued capital credit certificate;
3. Letter of investment interest recording board of directors' decision on capital increase and merger projects;
4. Permission notes for business location from urban and rural administration (only refers to projects using State-owned land);
5. Preliminary opinions from territorial resources administration (not required for an expansion of a formerly approved construction site);
6. Environmental impact assessment paper from the environmental protection administration;
7. Energy conservation opinions from relevant administrations;
8. Verification documents are needed if State-owned investment is involved;
9. Other documents required by relevant laws and regulations.
Note: copies mentioned above should be stamped with the applicant's official seal.
One working day
Acceptance, preliminary examination, inspection and record filing
No charge for putting foreign investment projects on record
Special costs for bulk cement and new walling materials will be charged before applying for construction permit. Costs for bulk cement: light steel structure: 0.25 yuan per square meter; brick-concrete structure: 0.75 yuan per square meter; frame structure: 0.90 yuan per square meter; other structures: 1.2 yuan per square meter. Costs for new walling materials: 6.5 yuan per square meter.
Certificate needed for approval
Foreign investment projects record will be issued to qualified applicant.
Matters needing attention
To be issued a project record applicants must be in full conformity with:
1, the relevant national laws and regulations and the foreign investment industry guidance catalogue;
2, requirements of medium and long-term planning of national economic and social development, industry planning and industrial structure adjustment policy;
3, the relevant public interests and national anti-monopoly regulations;
4, requirements of land use and urban construction planning, as well as environmental protection policy;
5, requirements of national technology and process standards;
6, the national capital project and foreign debt management;
Applicants who fail to meet those conformity requirements will not be issued a project record.